Almost any business can benefit from investing a small amount of money in anti-bird spikes, netting or mesh for their premises. Whilst we are all accustomed to gulls screeching overhead, especially near the coast, or starlings nesting in trees, when birds increase in number and commandeer your window ledges, eaves, roof, patio, outdoor dining area or smoking shed, this is unacceptable.
No one should have to contend with a sizeable bird population that can scare, foul and in some cases, attack people as they go about their day. Their guano (droppings) pose a health risk so simply putting up with a bird population and a mass of excretions is unwise.
Anti-bird spikes are often chosen by businesses for low to medium severity issues because they are humane, self-contained units which are discreet but highly effective.
Use a licensed bird control company
Guano and its associated dust can carry diseases and the secondary issue of fleas also necessitates trained operatives who have the protective clothing and practices to deal with and dispose of the harmful substances. Trust specialists, don’t take on the task yourself or ask an employee to carry work out. It’s not worth the risk.
Licensed bird control specialists including Apex Environmental Services are aware of all laws, limits and responsibilities involved in installing efficient and enduring bird-proofing devices. Measures are cost effective, some might say that they are worth the proverbial weight in gold, just to be rid of the birds, their noise and guano.
The Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981 under General Licence
This act states that pest birds can be dealt with, depending on the species and time of year, when one or more of these reasons exists:
- To preserve public health and /or safety.
- To preserve air safety.
- To prevent serious damage or spread of disease.
- To conserve wild birds.
Anti-bird spikes system example
Bird proofing can be discreet, and if you feel uncomfortable about bird netting and mesh systems, spikes are ideal.
The Apex Environmental Services anti-bird spike system consists of:
- A polycarbonate base.
- Excellent quality 304-316 grade stainless steel spikes, fanned at different angles depending on the specification of bird spike selected. This is the most suitable for the species of bird involved and works on the width of the ledge affected.
- Made from non-corrosive materials; rust proof.
- The plastic base of the spike is fixed to the ledge using a high tack adhesive so there is no invasive property damage.
- The base is positioned close enough to the edge to allow the tip of the spike to overhang the edge a little.
- Anti-bird spikes can also be fixed to signage, steel beams and guttering.
- When the bird approaches and tries to land the tip of the spike touches its breast and gently pushes the bird off balance.
- The bird is not harmed but it becomes frustrated and moves off to another space.
- No ongoing maintenance is required.
Your bird control issue can be resolved without any harm to feathered friends, and foes. Please call a professional firm today.